Full Life Cycle API Management Leader – ApigeeSyah Ismail
Gartner has recognized Google Cloud’s Apigee as a Leader in the 2022 Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle API Management. It has been the seventh time in a row that Google Cloud has been recognized for the depth of their capabilities to help organizations monetize their data by creating external-facing API products and providing highly customizable developer portals.
In this year’s report, Apigee has once again placed highest among the evaluated vendors for their ability to execute.
The Growth of the API Industry: Trends and Challenges
Over the years, API traffic and usage grow rapidly because APIs make the delivery of services and data easier and more standardized – and this in turn drives business growth. In fact, research shows that organizations that adopt external APIs grow 38% faster than those that don’t.
While APIs enable digital transformation and enable organizations to build business ecosystems, there is an immense challenge in managing, scaling, and securing APIs at scale. Thus, choosing the right API vendor is a decision that will make a significant impact on the business.
Google Cloud has announced that it is only the beginning of Apigee product innovation. They will be continuing to invest in a few key areas:
- Commercial model flexibility – A new consumption based pricing model called Pay-as-you-go is launched which allow users to experiment with the flexibility to pay only for what you use, just like the other Google Cloud products
- API Governance – introduced a public preview of Apigee API hub, a universal API catalog that accommodates APIs of across styles (OpenAPI, gRPC/protobuf, AsyncAPI, SOAP/WSDL, GraphQL, etc) and lifecycle stages or gateway choices.
- API Security – Released a feature of Apigee called Advanced API Security that helps make it easier to secure APIs by automating bot detection and identification of misconfigured APIs.
- Developer experience – launched the Apigee Cloud Code extension for VS Code, which enables API developers to build and test their Apigee API Proxies locally without connecting to a live Apigee Instance. These locally developed artifacts can then be staged for deployments as part of regular SDLC automation.
- Integration – recently released a preview of Application Integration, the next generation of Apigee’s integration functionality, with core integration tools to help connect and manage the multitude of applications and data required to support business operations.
The Magic Quadrant helps you quickly ascertain how well technology providers are executing their stated visions and how well they are performing against Gartner market view. This report can be valuable in making the best API Management decision for your organization.
What is inside the report?
Download the report
Learn more about the leading API management platform for businesses of every size.