Migration projects are often associated with downtime and data loss. Many companies keep their workloads on older platforms rather than migrate to new systems, even if it means additional costs.
At PointStar, we can move data, applications or entire servers between clouds and physical and virtual platforms. You can easily move workloads with structured, repeatable processes.
Pursue new opportunities without risking disruptions to your business. Make sure your workloads are always running on the right platforms so your teams and your company can thrive.
These are some of the following server types we can migrate to GCP:
- Windows Servers
- SAP Servers
- File Servers & NAS
- Linux based servers
- Web servers
More importantly, when migrating, we’ll create the necessary network security such as firewalls and VPNs to ensure your data is secure on the cloud.
We’ll also work on the following tasks:
- Evaluate the migration schedule to date and identify the next batch of servers to migrate.
- Model the characteristics of the servers to be migrated in order to identify dependencies and required services.
- In parallel with above, send application owners a questionnaire that gathers technical information about the servers.
- Compare and reconcile information about the servers’ configurations and dependencies from the questionnaire.
- Set, refine and communicate the final migration schedule.
These are some of the questions we’ll usually ask customers:
- Application team operational points of contacts
- Machine specifications (cores, RAM, local disk, etc.)
- Operating system and specific configurations
- Network ingress/egress bandwidth needs
- Associated firewall rules
- DNS entries
- Databases hosted/accessed
- Required attached storage
- Load balancing needs
- Authentication needs
- Integrated monitoring systems
- Associated cost centre