Google Cloud GCSP (standalone) is a consumptive service that operates on a yearly commit of monthly package model. A customer purchases a package that has a fixed quota that expires on a monthly basis. To get more quota, customers can either purchase a larger package or pays overage charges. All GCSP packages have the same features. Only the quotas differ.
Here are the different packages:
|Package name||Doc/Item |
● Document Index, or “Item”, “Document” or “Doc Index”: any piece of digital content that the Cloud Search service can index, including, if applicable, DOCS, XLS, PPT, and PDF files, a row in a database, unique URLs or any of the supported file types.
○ Current system is designed to index the first 1 MB of (an HTML representation of) any item. In the future, we may add an option to index more of an item at an additional price
○ G Suite Documents are generally indexed automatically by Cloud Search. Documents indexed in this fashion are not charged as documents against a customer’s purchased document quota.
● Search Query, or “Query”: a request sent by Customer to Google using Cloud Search to retrieve information or a set of results.
○ Queries are subject to fair use restrictions
● Search Application: a configuration of Cloud Search created and managed by Customer or their designee to enable a specific business use case, such as searching across documents in an intranet portal or Customer’s support tool.
● Built-In Cloud Search Applications: the out of the box UI clients available for use with Cloud Search, including the web portal (cloudsearch.google.com), an Android app, and an iOS app.
● Query API: the Application Programming Interface that can be used to programmatically perform search queries and retrieve results.
● Overage: additional